About Ross Robinson
Unlike most of our competitors, we provide only tertiary qualified surveyors, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, working under the supervision of Registered Surveyor with at least 20 years’ experience in any field. This means that all certifications and QA documentation is signed off by a professional surveyor.
Our field instrumentation is state of the art (predominantly Leica) running current firmware. Field kits include Leica GS15 GNSS RTK (with CORS capability), Leica TS15 robotic total station theodolite and CS15 controllers, and Leica DNA03 precise digital levels.
The software we use is seamless with RMS data transfer and includes 12D model running RMS code structures, Compnet V28 least squares adjustment software, AutoCAD R2013 design software, and Adobe Acrobat.
We have also had experience with desktop photogrammetry utilising unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV’s) - having flown 250ha within the Abbotts Point Development Precinct QLD, a 5km section of the Bruce Highway at Bowen QLD, Coppabella Township QLD (75ha) and various land development projects around Mackay QLD. Those data sets and maps were ultimately used for volumetric analysis, flood studies, town planning, and highway reconstruction modelling. We would be very interested in using this technology on your project to increase survey efficiency and maximize volumetric accuracy.
We hold current insurance certificates for Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Workers Compensation.
- Certificate in Surveying, DDIAE 1977
- Bridging Studies in Surveying, USQ 1992
- B. App. Sc. (Surveying) with distinction, QUT 1994
- Recipient SE Reilly prize for Academic excellence, ISA 1995
- Consulting Cadastral Surveyor QLD, since 1995
- Registered Land Surveyor NSW, since 1996
- Member of the Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute
- Justice of the Peace in and for the state of NSW
- Commenced surveying in 1973 (42 years ago)
- 35 years in a responsible position.
- Self-employed since 1983 (32 years)
- Registered Surveyor QLD & NSW since 1995 (20 years)
Specialist Engineering Surveyor with expertise in large scale infrastructure development, bulk earthworks, pavements (both rigid and flexible), bridge construction (including incrementally launched), piling, tunneling, Airport infrastructure (including aircraft movement areas and aprons), precise and continuous monitoring, and control adjustments utilising least squares techniques.